Structure of central council of ICAI
- 40 members in total.?
- 8 members nominated by central government.
- 32 members elected from 5 zones for 3 years, next Election December, 2018.
- 7or 6 members will be elected from north zone consisting of 5 states (J&K, Himachal, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi).
Responsibilities of Central council of ICAI
- Maintain the Dignity and Integrity of Brand CA and its members.
- Effective and transparent representation before central government and assist them for implementation of financial laws in the country.
- Designing Curriculum for CA course.
- Conducting Examination for Chartered accountants.
- Continue Research in the field of Accounting, Audit and taxation on recent developments in this area and provide researched standards for practice in public domain.
- Conducting education programmes for its members to keep them update.
- Conducting specialized courses for members and creating opportunities for its members.
- Ensure immunity for members for act done in their professional capacity.
Who can vote
- Every member of ICAI whether in practice, service and self employment
Why Should I Vote?
- Its my democratic right to choose the person who represent us.
- To ensure in safeguarding Dignity and Integrity of Brand CA and its members.